In March and April 2015, the UX team investigated how students navigated the newly redesigned library’s website.
- Are students able to find the information they need on the library website?
- Usability test with 11 students (10 undergraduates and 1 graduate student)
What did we Learn?
- Locating a database was the most time-consuming task
- In general, it took students less time to complete tasks on the newly designed website compared to the previous version
- The easiest tasks for students were finding library hours, course reserves and journal articles
- Students did not associate the term Library Guides with Course Guides
- Ask Us was not commonly understood as an online chat feature
- Implement a solution which allow users to search the library website
- Identify the most important library resources and add those links to the homepage
- Add Web of Science (and other databases) to Primo
- Add an Ask Us link under the Research Assistance sub-menu item
- Improve the visibility of Library Guides
Year of Study